The International Fund for Ireland’s five-year Community Consolidation – Peace Consolidation 2016-2020 Strategy focuses on four key areas of activity:
- Personal Youth Development Programme (PYDP).
- Shared Education Programme (SEP).
- Peace Walls Programme (PWP).
- Peace Impact Programme (PIP).
The Strategic Framework’s objectives are:
- To promote reconciliation and integration in interface areas.
- To continue to engage communities and individuals, particularly young people, who have only recently or have not yet participated in peace building and community reconciliation activities.
- To maintain the longstanding approach of the Fund in promoting economic and social advance in communities suffering from very high levels of economic and social deprivation.
- To continue to build strategic alliances with other funders and government to ensure interventions are complementary, sustainable and can shape policies that promote peace and reconciliation.
- To extend the Fund’s engagement with other peace builders on the island of Ireland and in other regions emerging from conflict as part of a wider effort to promote conflict resolution.
- To review by early 2019 the progress made by the International Fund for Ireland and determine if further work is required to secure the peace.