The International Fund for Ireland launched its five-year strategy, Sharing this Space, in January 2006. The strategy focuses on four key areas of activity:
- Building Foundations.
- Building Bridges.
- Building Integration.
- Leaving a Legacy.
All areas of activity are characterised by:
- a clear focus on reconciliation as the overriding objective;
- an independent and credible approach with strong international backing;
- a cross-community and/or cross-border approach;
- a willingness to take risks on behalf of the communities we work with;
- early support for community initiatives through ‘first money on the table’;
- co-operation with other funders and leveraging of funds from other sources;
- a willingness to innovate and to break new ground in support of reconciliation; and
- a responsive approach to donor priorities.
Learn more about the Fund’s strategy, Sharing this Space.
For information on the Enterprise Equity Venture Capital Group established by the International Fund for Ireland, click here.